• Responsible for providing timely and accurate project controls reporting and communication to management for large EPC industrial projects (primarily power generation).
• Reporting includes earned value schedule progress, cost vs budget, cost and schedule forecasting, and scope change throughout the project for both construction, engineering, and start up.
• Utilizes Access, Microsoft Excel, Primavera, and Tableau software. Develop primary construction schedules, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines using engineering and construction knowledge and experience.
• Analyze work progress and craft productivity reports.
• Develop and maintain large, complex construction project or specific area schedules, including collecting actual man-hours and quantities installed, analyzing or assessing progress data supplied by others, and conducting visual inspection of project.
• Support supervision through development, preparation and maintenance of forecasts, schedules and Executive Management Summary Reports using knowledge of construction and engineering principles and concepts.
• Interface with other construction departments to provide scheduling data for items such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, change order estimates, and resolutions of potential schedule/work problems. Provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to staff and other professional personnel.
• Audits quantity tracking databases that our used by the project team.
• Updates weekly/monthly progress reports.
• Perform critical path and time impact analysis to document current conditions and change management on the project.
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Three years experience as a Project Controls Specialist or related. Post bachelor’s experience (3 years with a Master’s or 5 years with a Bachelor’s) is required and must include:
o Cost Control: Preparing monthly cost reports & cost forecasts, including earned value analysis by Work Breakdown Structure, actual spent hours & cost, overall & detailed budget versus cost comparison, forecasted cost at project completion & identification of cost & schedule overrun risk.
o Scheduling: Preparing Primavera P6 resource loaded schedules, update activities, organize & coordinate interactive planning sessions.
o Estimating: Utilize estimating software to prepare engineering & construction estimates, including quantity take-off of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, structural & civil scope of work using Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, mechanical equipment lists, instrumentation lists, engineering drawings, material specifications & engineering specifications; Developing key performance indicators, statistics & compare baseline historical data with current data to study variances.
o Startup and Commissioning: Developing the system turnover, startup & commissioning schedule, tracking & maintain progress of systems based on startup systems identified on process and instrumentation diagrams & project contract requirements.
• Employer will accept a bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience in lieu of a master’s degree and 3 years experience.
Requisition ID: 77687