Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle is seeking a Project Controls Manager to establish and maintain the capital project cost and schedule monitoring across its capital portfolio. Candidate must be experienced with handling capital project(s) varying from small continuity capital at a site to $500 million in total installed cost (TIC) on a pace of approximately $200 million per year of overall spending. Currently, Albemarle works with internal resources to manage the continuity capital and global EPC/CM firms. The successful candidate must have experience with templates, tools, and Owner team staffing for implementation in this environment.
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle’s safety culture and Core Values.
- Collaboratively work with project resources through implementation of project control deliverables, utilizing Albemarle standards specific to the project stage.
- Provide leadership, oversight, subject matter advice, and guidance to project teams for project controls activities.
- Accountable for developing predictable cost estimate along with realistic plan and schedule, validated within internal and industry benchmarks to ensure project competitiveness.
- Coordinates development of a quality schedule consisted of agreed scope, forecasting activities to project completion (including owner’s and contractor(s) overall activities).
- Support ongoing planning definition process, specifically though establishing milestone targets, effective deadline management and resource allocations.
- Continuous review and assessment of project progress to preserve cost & schedule delivery and provide accurate updates to Albemarle Management.
- In coordination with senior management, reviewing financial data for projects on a regular basis to identify trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Maintain liaison with local and corporate internal procurement, contracts, financial and leadership teams to ensure alignment on corporate strategy and goals.
- Support internal and 3rd party project assurance and governance activities.
- Assist and contribute to definition of project scope and goals associated with company Project Process deliverables.
- Develop, review, and maintain a Change Management program ensuring project changes (i.e. design, construction, etc.) are controlled in accordance with corporate policies and practices.
- Identify and manage potential project risks and liabilities.
- Support Lessons Learned program based on industry experience and best practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction Sciences, Mechanical, Chemical or related field
- 15+ years of experience of project controls experience on large projects (>$200M) in the Chemical and Petrochemical industry
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively in a team environment
- Extensive experience in all aspects of cost engineering during FEED and detail engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Ability to lead a global and diversified professional team within an Owner’s organization.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to influence and achieve desired results.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability understanding technical information and communicate progress to internal and external stakeholders (i.e. technical and management).
- Strong organization skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in project controls tools and work processes – MS Office, MS Project, Power BI, SAP, Primavera, Icarus, and etc.