Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Project Controls Group Lead at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with Google’s Data Centers Partner teams and Engineering groups to understand resource needs and create plans related to the delivery and management of Google's Facility Capital Assets.
- Assist Partner teams in converting future project needs into resource requirements, taking into account supply plans as well as future technology insertions and helping them understand the impact of project implementation in a live data center environment.
- Manage subject matter experts (SMEs) in cost management and project planning/scheduling fields to ensure objectives are met. Support Data Center Project Managers with their projects, change order review, scope of work review, review and approval of proposals, invoicing, pay applications, risk management, value management and value engineering.
- Perform a variety of cost engineering functions encompassing estimating, cost control, budget preparations, forecasting and cost reporting with limited supervision. Assist in the preparation of bid documents and the management of the bidding process.
- Drive continuous improvement within a specified domain and apply data to support continuous improvement in the wider organization, conduct financial analysis at the project level and across the portfolio to identify trends, opportunities and risks and define and implement the use of effective leading indicators.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Industrial Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing large-scale, multinational, and dynamic technical programs/projects.
- Experience distilling critical information into management reporting and presenting information to senior management.
- Experience with cost management, cost planning and estimating, planning and scheduling platforms.
- MBA or Master's degree with a technical emphasis.
- Experience with capital and capacity planning, launching internet software/services, planning data center infrastructure, and/or managing large scale distributed systems.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization, with experience leading cross-functional process improvements and holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals.
- Sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle. Knowledge of the tools and elements of project management.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with attention to detail, problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills.
- Comfortability shifting between hands-on detailed analysis and big picture thinking and customizing communication based on the audience.