Project Controls Engineer
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to the design and development of life-saving ventilators and medical equipment in Philips Respiratory Care product line
You are responsible for
- Development of analog and digital Controls Systems and Signal Processing algorithms for microprocessor embedded systems.
- Develops the controller and algorithm designs with focus on user and business requirements, compliance, quality and cost. Develops high level and detailed designs in accordance with the product requirements and Philips reference architecture requirements.
- Responsible for the design, check and optimization, realization and integration, life-cycle management, and verification of products, systems and/or solutions.
- Finalizes the design and integration, and writes verification plans for the developed design elements. Tests, analyses and verifies the quality of the design.
- Is responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project manager. Draws up personal schedules and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way
- Ensures that documentation takes place according to Quality System requirements.
- Assesses which aspects require further research and works out the form this should take.
- Keeps abreast and researches application of new technologies and writes reports/ articles.
- Develops partly and sometimes wholly new product, process or technology, where the objective may not be certain.
- Represents Controls Engineering and draws up the activities for development programs.
- Assigns tasks to staff and third parties.
- Agrees with Project and Functional Managers on the choice of resources / technologies.
- Bears responsibility for the execution of the program.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MS or PhD in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace with focus on Controls Systems
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Controls Systems Development for Medical devices or other regulated industries
- Matlab/Simulink experience