Project Controls Engineer IV - Scheduler
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridgeconstruction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values:Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position will be located at one of the following locations: Sacramento, CA; Lewisville, TX; Tarrytown, NY or Tampa, FL
This position is responsible for providing guidance and assistance to Project and Proposal teams in the planning, developing, coordinating and managing of all Scheduling activities for construction projects in excess of $50 million to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contractschedule requirements.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Develop and maintain project schedules to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience
- 7+ years of Heavy Civil constructionexperience
- Experience in performing/monitoring and reviewing/planning scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problem
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Advanced Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Primavera Scheduling software.
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Ability to obtain AACEI PSP Certification within one year of hire date
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling for heavy civil projects
- Knowledge/experience in heavy civil construction means and methods
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with consistent follow through
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a close attention to detail
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, staff and external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
- Extensive travel is expected (60-70%)
- Short term on-site project assignments as necessary