Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra’s cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
The Project Controls Engineer III will support Engineering, Procurement, and Construction cost and schedule analysis and report to the Manager of Project Controls. This may include but not limited to the oversight of the preparation, analysis and presentation of reports, charts, tables and information along with analysis of trends, projects risks and forecasts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops vertically integrated resource loaded critical path method schedules and ensures alignment with Project Controls specifications and procedures
- Interfaces with leadership team regarding critical schedule activities, impacts to schedule, change orders, progress, and claims analysis and participates in project reviews as required.
- Implementation of Earned Value Management System and maintenance of the EVM system
- Utilizes Engineering knowledge and experience to review and track progress and coordinate submittal and reviews with the Project Manager, project team members and any other stakeholders.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts status against an established baseline schedule on complex scopes of work
- In depth understanding of detailed construction methodology, assisting in identification of potential issues and impacts and proposes corrective actions
- Estimates quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to validate project estimates, change orders and scope changes through the review of design drawings, sketches, calculations or other information supplied by engineering or construction
- Understands and interfaces with Engineering, Procurement and Construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensures adherence to safety and quality standards
- Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to assist in project planning
- Assesses the cost and schedule impacts of design or construction changes and associated cost growth and/or schedule slippages
- Evaluates and proposes process improvements, requests for information (RFIs), and differing site conditions for impacts to the project in terms of cost and schedule
- Works to resolve issues identified building on technical knowledge, designing innovative short cuts, and reviewing Engineering alternatives
- Ensures the validation of reported progress percentages based on the rules of credit established within the project with the contractors through spot checks of the design documents and/or construction progress
- Assists with the development of new Project Controls processes and procedures and communicates to the Manager of Project Controls when changes are needed
- Performs quality control of schedules and ensures compliance through project lifecycle
- Assists in processing of change notices, maintains change logs as required and report on changes through Katerra’s Change Management System
- Based on design reviews, identifies any out of scope changes and documents quantity variances based on material take offs (MTOs) from design documents
- Bachelors degree in engineering or construction with 6+ years experience in Engineering, Construction and Project Controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Proficient in Primavera P6
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling skills
- Understanding of all disciplines within project controls (cost, schedule, risk and change management)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Understanding of Accounting functions and systems
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.