The Project Controls Engineer position will support a major drug substance expansion project ($70+MM) at the Madison, Wisconsin facility site. This will be highly visible role that will involve partnering with the Project Director on project controls activity coordination relating to cost and schedule tracking/reporting. As the Project Controls Engineer you will interface with multiple internal and external departments and multiple contractors and trade personnel to gather information, generate reports and report to the Project Director.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy the Global Engineering group ensures facilities and systems are built in a cost effective manner and on schedule without compromising quality, safety and operational efficiencies.
- Oversees the tracking of project status and cost.
- Generate project control reports and forecasts.
- Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes.
- Establishes cost baseline and capital expenditure (CapEx) requests, and monitors and reports on baseline using forecasting tools and earned value management.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure scope, cost, schedule, and quality commitments are met.
- Support Project Director with aspects of capital project controls delivery in accordance with accepted project management principles and internal practices.
- Engineering degree preferably in Construction Management, Chemical, Biochemical, Mechanical or Electrical.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in capital project controls management preferably in chemical or construction related industry
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical or FDA regulated environment
- Advanced training in Cost Controls, Earned Value, Project Management
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Fast tracked career growth, with annual performance review and feedback process
- Competitive base salary with other compensation incentives including yearly incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered on day one of employment
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) + 7 paid holidays
- Onsite gym, Catalent corporate discount perks, paid volunteer time off program and other benefits too numerous to mention!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process.
- Strong continued education environment with lunch and learn and mentor program