WorleyParsonsCord is a leader in industrialconstruction in Alberta and western Canada. Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global WorleyParsons team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. Is seeking an Edmonton based Project Controls Cost Specialist to work at our Project Sites.
Shift: Project shifts may vary
- Work with Project Manager to ensure the project successfully exceeds the project’s cost and schedule targets.
- Lead internal and external client reporting for multiple projects.
- Support the strengthening of methods and systems which need improvement to support the project’s cost and schedule initiative
- Manage the compiling of accurate, comprehensive, and timely cost reports and understand the change management process.
- Guide and direct the site project controls staff.
- Develop and deliver training of project control practices to the project team.
- Set up cost reports in a standardized report format as defined by the project requirements (develop, implement and maintain planned versus actual tracking sheets for various line items within project budgets and schedules).
- Advise Project Management Team on cost and schedule issues.
- Develop project specific WBS, CBS and develop control estimate/budget.
- Ensure project is adhering to strict baseline budget
- Analyze costs and report on any anomalies, fluctuations, unusual occurrences or other spending concerns that could impact the project final cost forecast and expected completion date.
- Provide technical guidance in the areas of Cost Management & Control, Change Management and Forecasting.
- Provide overall project change management duties and support project cost forecasting
- Other duties, as required.
- 10+ years’ experience in Project Controls, 5 years’ experience as Project Cost Controls Specialist in Oil & Gas IndustrialConstruction
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office products.
- Thorough knowledge of cost and schedule principles in their application to projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure on complex issues across multiple projects.
- Module and Fabrication Experience is preferred.
- Technical Diploma, Engineering degree, Accounting Designation or equivalent work experience is preferred.