The Project Controls Analyst will report directly to the TAPS VP of Operations with functional ties to the Project Controls department within the Business Services Group. The Project Controls Analyst is responsible for monitoring job level transactions to; (a) ensure that project costs are in line with expected outcomes, (b) ensure that project transactions are auditable back to the appropriate contract and (c) monitor other areas of project risk to identify mitigation strategies.
• Actively support the Company’s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
• Represent the Company at all times with high moral and ethical standards while adhering to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of fit-for-purpose cost control procedures to support successful project outcomes relative to financial performance.
• Responsible for the development of standard and sustainable reports to support project cost control at predictable intervals.
• Responsible to monitor non-billable and overhead spending trends relative to established budgets and Company expectations.
• Responsible to monitor weekly overtime labor trends relative to Company policy and expectations
• Interface with Operating Unit Managers, Business Unit Controllers, Field Accounting personnel and Project Services group to provide required reporting and analysis.
• Assist in the project set-up and close-out work process to ensure adherence to Company standards and adherence to contractual requirements.
• Ensure job level revenue recognition practices are consistent with management expectations.
• Monitor the accumulation of large ‘cost-in-excess’ or ‘billings-in-excess’ positions in monthly accounting
• Participate with in preparing monthly and quarterly project reviews and project forecasting.
• Identify best practices and work toward consistent application throughout the Business Unit.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• 8+ years of relevant Project Controls experience for construction projects.
• Ability to interpret contract terms, conditions and exhibits as applicable to project financial requirements
• Ability to audit project level transactions against contract terms, conditions and exhibits
• Strong spreadsheet skills with an ability to gather and organize large amounts of data from various sources
• Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction practices.
• Experience managing multiple groups and working with various deadlines.
• Self-starter who can achieve results with minimal oversight
• Experience in field level cost accounting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point
• Familiarity with Penta Accounting software is a plus.
• Varying work schedule and occasional overtime may be required.
• Ability to travel as required.
This position may require occasional travel and extended workdays.
This position will support locations based out of Orange, CA and Bellingham, WA and may require extended overnight travel.