We have been recently retained by one of the largest providers of access solutions companies to locate the best candidate for this open role in the Dover Plains, NY area.
Is this you??? – Project Controls Analyst
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or another technical field from an accredited university
- Must have prior Project Controls experience
- Experience in planning/scheduling on industrial construction and maintenance projects a plus. Have petrochemical and/or refinery safety related experience a plus
- Understanding contracts, standard commercial T&C's, contract compliance, invoice auditing, and proposal experience considered a major plus
- In depth working knowledge of Oil and Gas and/or Petrochemical cost control, scheduling techniques, estimating, change management, risk management, and progress reporting methods also a plus
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with senior management
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and confidence
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. Knowledge of database management and manipulation, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Travel as needed to support the need of the Areas
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to drive
Project Controls Analyst Summary
We are currently seeking a Project Controls Analyst in Dover Plains, NY within our team of experienced professionals. This position is project based with an opportunity to continue at other sites. The right candidate will be able to take on project control and reporting responsibility of small, medium, and large-scale projects. Position will require participation in all phases of the project life cycle including Proposal Development Stage, Front End Development, Constructability, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning. Make independent evaluations of project status based on interpretation of reports using both own experience and that of assigned project teams.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide support to Field Project Managers in planning, managing, and monitoring major projects and accounts.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance and efficiency of a portfolio of jobs in assigned Area and facilitate and lead efforts to drive site productivity at various sites leveraging local teams, company tools, and personal knowledge.
- Coordinates preparation internal and external reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing large data sets and information from the project.
- Work on overall project planning through reporting on project schedules and contract deliverables.
- Participate in the regional Project Controls team to drive area-wide systemic changes.
- Develop, maintains, and analyses critical path plans and related schedules.
- Positively influence and inspire site project teams to enhance site productivity that drives margin increases for projects. Exhibit determined confidence and leadership abilities in order that all levels of the employees value your input and request your assistance when necessary.
- Keep track of active program budgets and ensuring that program expenses are strictly monitored monthly and that monthly expenses are on target.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Creates value for current accounts and contracts and ensures the company is leading the way in customer satisfaction across all service offerings.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Will support local branch team members and directly report to the East Regional Project Controls Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for process improvement. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their true respect.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Uses logic and proposes methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Self-Knowledge – Knows personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and limits. Seeks feedback. Gains insights form mistakes. Is open to criticism. Is receptive to talking about shortcomings. Looks forward to balance performance reviews and career discussions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectively and openness to others' views. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest.
- Organization – Can utilize resources to get things done effectively and efficiently. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals. Breaks down work into the process steps. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals, and evaluates results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of work is conducted in an office environment with concentration in using personal computers. Travel as required to support the business needs. There are times when extensive travel may be needed to ensure the proper setup and initial execution phase of a project happens successfully.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office working environment. This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.