Tetra Tech’s Water (WTR) group supports government and commercial clients by providing global planning and engineering services that lead with science and engineering innovation, solving some of the world’s most complex water-related issues. We’re looking for a Project Controller to join our team in Seattle, Washington to provide project controls, project administration, and deputy project management support to Project Managers in the Pacific Northwest.
As an experienced Project Controller, you will step in quickly to lead and execute the following:
Project Controls/Deputy Project Management
- Project scheduling
- Critical path network analysis
- Workplan development, progress tracking, and monitoring for financial impacts of deviations from workplan
- Earned value analysis (Tetra Tech labor and subconsultant labors)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control documentation
- Scope change administration, risk register maintenance
- Contract review- assist in documenting the contract review process, ensure that WTR review procedures are consistently followed and administer the regional review process
- Fee proposals – assist in proposal preparation, ensure WTR finance review procedures followed and cost model is conducted
- Project/proposal initiation – prepare forms, coordinate management review and Maxx setup by finance team
- Subcontracting – subcontract preparation, invoice review, insurance certificates, administer compliance with health and safety prequalification process
- Project invoicing and collections -ensure all costs are invoiced in a timely manner and consistent with contract terms, interface with corporate billers, communicate with clients as needed for collections
- Provide project specific input to quarterly backlog analysis, load-leveling and utilization forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive working relationships and open lines of communication with Project Managers, Office/Ops Managers, Finance team, technical and administrative staff
- Regularly attend project review meetings, communicate project specific action items, schedule/budget concerns, subcontracting actions, financial red flags, deviations from workplan, etc.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business administration or related field, plus a minimum 5 years of experience in project controls/project execution in the A/E community. Specific, demonstrated project control experience in an A/E firm may be accepted in lieu of college degree. Project Management Certification is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, Teams), Microsoft Project or other similar scheduling software, Adobe PDF creating/editing
- Must be organized, a resourceful problem-solver, a reliable team player, and demonstrate high attention to detail and follow-through to project completion.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal communication skills to interact with diverse personalities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting demands in a deadline-driven and at times highly demanding situations. This is an interactive position, therefore individual must have a positive, calm and professional attitude while dealing with staff and clients in person, over the phone, and by email and must portray a positive professional image for the company.
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with leaders is expected.
- Willingness to travel locally to regional offices to attend meetings or facilitate/attend training.
What We Can Offer You:
- Extremely passionate and motivated team that works hard and plays hard
- Collaborative team atmosphere that values the contributions of all team members
- Excellence and achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities