The Project Controller works closely with Project Managers, Project Executives and Superintendents on all facets of project accounting and administration issues.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Possess knowledge of all aspects of Project Accounting for each Project.
- Will Oversee the below accounting functions:
- Payroll and AP Processing
- Coordinate with Payroll on state and Project labor compliance reporting
- Assist with development of Project billable rates
- Setup of all Projects, Cost Codes, Budgets and Contracts
- Collaboration with operations to develop Project budgets
- Preparation of monthly requisitions to owners
- Reporting and tracking of Accounts Receivable
- Ensure accuracy of cost coding and processing
- Oversee weekly payments
- Monitor and track the cash position of the Projects
- Oversee lien waiver collection and issuance for clients and customers
- Assist with the compilation of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Oversee processing of Subcontractor requisitions
- Ensure the Subcontractor is complying with terms and conditions of the Contract (i.e. insurance, billing procedures, labor compliance etc.)
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Project Executives on all facets of project accounting and administration issues
- The person will be an integral part of the project management team
- Oversee the Forecasting process on a weekly and monthly basis; including production tracking.
- Manage and prepare Project cash forecasts.
- Assist with preparation of G&A budgets and monitor the financial operations to insure compliance with budgets.
- Assist in the monthly preparation of the Work in Progress and Fiscal Year Profit and Loss forecast
- Function as the Financial Management link between the Project and clients and other General Contractors
- Participate in division management, client and project meetings as required
- Routinely provide financial information in a concise organized manner to operations to support operations in making informed decisions
- Eight to Ten Years of accounting experience, preferably in the Self-Performing/Subcontractconstruction field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Advanced degree a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with Timberline is a plus.
- Experience with union labor cost is a plus.
- Outstanding team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and able meet deadlines.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Leadership qualities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.