Govplace is a rapidly growing technology reseller and systems integrator with annual revenues of over $150M. Our success is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people that make up the Govplace team and our goal at Govplace is to support them in building and growing exciting and profitable careers!
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Financial Project Analyst who has diverse experience in collecting data, monitoring variances, identifying trends and creating financial models to support management decision-making and improve the Company’s financial status. This role will specifically focus on financial analysis and related support for the Company’s Service Delivery business unit, which is dedicated to the delivery of professional services to the Federal Government. Primary to a candidate’s success in this role will be the ability to work effectively across functional and organizational boundaries (including sales, operations, and corporate shared services) in supporting the Service Delivery team to provide superior services to our customers and deliver on expected financial results. This is a true partnership role.
Primarily responsible for the following transactional accounting areas:
- Assist the Services Delivery team with maintaining various financial models to support the planning, delivery and accounting for their jobs, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Provide guidance and support to Service Delivery and accounting team members to facilitate the accurate set-up and reporting of projects
- Analyze data in support of month-end close to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed and revenue and expenses are booked correctly; investigate and report any inconsistencies or improprieties, and work with the accounting team to make any necessary reclassification in a timely manner
- Maintain the monthly general ledger accounting and reconciliation for all Service Delivery projects (includes revenue, unbilled and billed receivables, direct costs, allocated indirect costs, and cost accruals)
- Based on knowledge of project performance, assist Services Delivery team with development of project forecasts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist with the development and maintenance of complex pricing models and basis of estimates, incorporating knowledge of the Company’s indirect rate structure
- Live Govplace core values; Respectful Candor, Integrity, Serious Fun, Entrepreneurial Innovation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong account reconciliation skills
- Minimum of 5-8years’ experience with project control and/or project-related budgeting, accounting, financial modeling, and business analysis in the federal marketplace (i.e., with a government contractor providing professional services and products)
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, FAR and experience working with corporate indirect rate structures
- Experience with Time and Materials (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Experience working and thinking creatively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and demanding deadlines
Highly Desirable Attributes:
- CPA/CPA candidatepreferred
With a commitment to innovation and technology leadership, Govplace is leading the way to a new model for Federal IT by creating and delivering exciting technology solutions to the Federal Government. Be part of something great……. join our team today!
*Govplace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.