We are seeking Project Controllers who can implement and improve project management services for their assigned programs. A Project Controller is critical to the overall success of a program/project and is frequently relied upon to provide detailed analysis and recommendations to leadership. The Project Controller will be responsible for a variety of project controller activities including assuming primary responsibility for developing analysis and reporting associated with various project controls job duties, such as project baseline, work package agreements, scheduling, cost control, cost estimation, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, project/program/portfolio integration or technical project reviews.
On any given day, in collaboration with other Business Operations organizations, you may be called upon to:
- Plan, monitor, control, and report on project cost/schedule/scope
- Represent the company externally with sponsors and vendors
- Resolve policy or contracting issues affecting program success
- Manage communication to program/project stakeholders
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets, work package agreements, and monthly cost variance reports.
- Ensure that all work is identified, defined, and appropriately managed.
- Develop project budgets in collaboration with technical teams
- Oversee project spend, commitments, burn rates and forecasts
- Address budget concerns with management and customers and implement cost controls
- Develop corrective actions to address cost variance
- Maintain data integrity of program information
- Support all internal and external reviews, assessments, and audits
- Ensure timely generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and disposition of project artifacts
- Prepare timely and accurate reports which highlight key technical and programmatic issues and summarize information for presentation to project stakeholders
- Provide oversight for procurement activities to ensure that goods and services of the proper quality are obtained as required by the project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in managing projects throughout all phases: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, Closing
- Demonstrated experience in making risk informed decisions and communicating across project disciplines
- Ability to lead without positional authority
- Ability to produce work products that demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to tailor presentation to audience
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with peers, other organizations, project sponsors, program stakeholders, and suppliers
- Knowledge of management practices, assurance processes, business operations, fiscal and scheduling systems, and acquisition standards
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to develop and articulate a strategic plan and successfully implement it to deliver desired results.
- Advanced Proficiency in tools and applications commonly used in project management such as Microsoft Excel, Project, and/or Primavera
- Ability to apply both business and technical concepts
Qualifications We Require
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business or degree relevant to project control accountabilities and 5 years of demonstrated experience in Project Controls; or Master's degree in relevant discipline and 2 or more years of demonstrated experience in Project Controls.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Active Q or Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons complex and product realization process.
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, the National Nuclear Security Administration, or the Department of Defense.
- Project management education and certification(s).
- Experience with Earned Value Management principles and methodology.
- Experience with Primavera P6.
- Experience with COBRA or other Earned Value engine.
- Proficiency in tools and applications commonly employed in project management activities.
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interface with science and engineering technical management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with management, customers, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
About Our Team