The Project Controller provides detailed analysis and reporting using an established system of controls on complex, high rigor, R&D projects for the Department of Energy and other customers. This role assumes primary responsibility for analysis, developing, and reporting associated with various project controls job duties, such as project baseline, work package agreements, cost control, cost estimation, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, schedules, project/program/portfolio integration or technical project reviews.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of project status using project management tools such as Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Work with the project technical leads to execute project management activities including project plan development, project monitoring and control, and integrated change control.
- Team with technical staff, project leads and managers to make recommendations to influence key decision makers within the scope of project controls (work breakdown structure, schedule, and budget/cost).
- Research, assemble, and evaluate project information or data and recommend sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Facilitate internal team communications and meetings.
- Update the schedule status as required, produces reports, and tracks variances and recommends corrective action.
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets, work package agreements, and monthly cost variance reports.
- Help administer change control to schedule and budgets, ensuring that all changes are documented via the appropriate change control process.
Qualifications We Require
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline plus 5 or more years demonstrated experience in Project Controls; or Master's degree in Business or related discipline plus 2 or more years demonstrated experience in Project Controls or equivalant combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q-level security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of project management principles, including standard guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration and controls activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, and perform under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of financial tools and systems to perform financial analysis and monitor costs and budgets.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*