Location: New York City area
Our client specializes in Heavy Civil for Roadway & Bridges ? they are in need of a Project Controller.
This position is based out of NYC.
Primary responsibilities include performing all required accounting functions of the project in a timely and accurate manner. The following are otherresponsibilities of this role.
- Must have complete knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures.
- Provides computer input and performs analytical review of reports generated.
- Must have knowledge of Construction Job Cost and General Ledger Software Accounting Systems of the Company. Proficient in computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required by management.
- Accurately review weekly field and office payrolls, making proper federal, state and 401k deposits into respective accounts.
- Maintain all projects operating, payroll and money market accounts including deposits, disbursements and balancing.
- Support teams locally as well as in certain other regions, including team members located internationally.
- Monitor daily cash balances in operating, payroll and money market bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings.
- Prepare monthly cash projection reports.
- On a quarterly basis complete federal and state payrolltax returns and necessary deposits to bank.
- Process and review all accounts payable and subcontractors payments.
- Accrue, prepare and remit appropriate salestaxes as necessary
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of masterdata including resource information; project, activity, and resource codes; enterprise project structure; security profiles; licensing information; etc.
- Participates in the development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments.
- Prepares monthly agedtrial balances, job cost summary schedules, supporting schedules for month-end close.
- Interface with the Project Manager and Executive?s to accurately charge and code invoices to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related degreerequired
- Seven (8) to ten (10) years of progressive finance and accounting experience
- Construction, Accounting, Payroll, Union Payrollexperience is necessary
- Broad knowledge of GAAP and related internal control structures for financial accounting and reporting systems and processes
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organizational and interpersonal skills