Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Project Controller to join our team in Annapolis, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Assists the Program Team with respect to budget management and forecasting, monitoring EAC/ETC, subcontractor costs, labor and other direct costs and provides business management support to Project Managers. Project Controllers also ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, SOX, and FAR when performing various financial and contract management functions. This includes implementation of financial management processes and reporting; trend and variance analysis; and establishing key performance indicators and engagement metrics.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements Unisys policies and procedures to ensure proper contract set-up in system to properly classify contract by revenue recognition type.
- Functions as a liaison with Program Manager providing rate and budget information, and utilization and chargeability metrics.
- Works with Managers and various Business Unit personnel to provide expertise throughout the lifecycle of a services engagement, including review of RFP requirements and being a key participant in a development of a bid (solicited or unsolicited).
- Participates in contract kick-off meetings, bid planning meetings, team meetings, off-sites, quarterly contract reviews, as required.
- Facilitates internal and program control processes: implements requirements, responsibilities, Revenue Recognition requirements, and develops financialreporting package.
- Assists in the accurate development of the EAC and ETC, balance sheet analysis, and invoice generation; understands and can explain variation with regard to monthly actuals.
- Analyzes key metrics, supports monthly financial reviews, engages teams, and advises Project Management in decision making.
- Prepares clear and concise monthly/quarterly risk memos to Accounting and external auditors.
- Functions successfully with limited supervision.
Basic Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting or applicable experience
- 7 years experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP
- Project accounting/management experience with a track record of increasing responsibilitiespreferred
- Excellent analytical, organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of FAR, CAS and DFARS and other applicable government regulations along with government contractexperience
- Desired 1 year minimum experience with CostPoint.
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables
- Experience with the following desired: Rational DOORS Next Generation (DNG), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Team Concert (RTC) & Rational Suite.