ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The Power Grids division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
ABB is seeking a Project Controller, acts as a business partner to the Factory Controller. Supports effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions. Drive definition and implementation of standards and business specific guidelines in financial control processes.
Typical duties/responsibilities for Finance may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Business Planning & Forecasting: Translates budgets into operational plans and establishes measurable targets. Executes the business planning and forecasting processes for the area of responsibility. Evaluates financial implications of various operational decisions, builds scenarios, and recommend corrective actions.
• Business Performance: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and acts to improve Net Working Capital.
• Cost Management: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency metrics. Other responsibilities include:
• Assist organization to improve business processes and reporting, which includes but is not limited to, production order variances (POV), scrap reporting, labor reporting (efficiency), purchase price variance (PPV), absorption, and overheads.
• Develop labor, material and overhead annual budget assumptions. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed.
• Support New Product Introduction (NPI) by assisting with initial BOM generation and cost estimates.
• Provide analysis to drive SKU reduction (obsolete, slow moving, etc.).
• Work with the various department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
• Optimization: Leads cross-functional initiatives that support operational goals. Drives definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility.
• Communication and Knowledge Sharing: Provides guidance and facilitates best practice sharing between departments to ensure alignment and consistency of controlling practices. Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local Controllers, Finance Group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
• Internal Controls and Compliance: Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits. Signs off Assurance letter for the area of responsibility.
• Financial reporting: Applies processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience in Finance/Controlling.
- Post graduate degree or CPA is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance/Controlling.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems such as ERP as well as proficiency in the use of SAP and MS Office applications.
- Fluent command of English.
- Entry-level experience in people management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain a constructive dialogue with stakeholders at all levels.
- Team spirit and flexibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB