The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating withother functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Tesla is seeking a seasoned Document Control Specialist with relevant constructionexperience to support the buildout of Tesla’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible for supporting the execution team by managing engineering, construction, and other project documents from the design phase to project close out.
- Manage the program document control management system (currently Aconex).
- Work with (sub)contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with the Tesla document management system.
- Collect and manage incoming document including but not limited to: submittals, designs, drawings, calculations, and otherengineering data, project correspondence (electronic and hard copies), contracts and procurement information, daily reports, project reports, meeting minutes, pictures and videos, manuals and other software.
- Review incoming document transmittals and document register for nonconforming documents. Correct as necessary to ensure the register remains clean and compliant.
- Create and manage approval of project documents.
- Publish daily, weekly or otherreports and logs as needed identifying open workflows, mail items, submittals, and other documents.
- Work with project resources to ensure capture of all relevant project documents.
- Provide training to project resources as part of the normal on boarding process.
- Work with (sub)contractors and suppliers during contract closeout to ensure all project documents are received prior to releasing retention.
- Maintain physical document control library.
- Maintain and update the project document control plan.
- Evaluate comprehensive list of document control systems, processes, flows, and integration points.
- Evaluate conformance to standards.
- Evaluate long-term storage requirements on systems. Prepare and coordinate project documents register and metadata for seamless transition upon completion of the project.
- Evaluate onsite document control system, policies, and procedures, and integration with offsite document control system.
- Update and maintain the document control plan in accordance with evaluations, best practices, and Tesla guidance.
- Train and enforce the document control plan.
- Manage site wide drawing management needs.
- Other tasks as assigned or delegated.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction or other relevant industry and/or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 7years of experience in engineering, construction management, and document control: preferably in industrial, manufacturing and/or high-tech industries.
- Understanding of key construction disciplines including civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Understanding of document control process and procedures for multi-billion dollar construction facilities.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing packages and construction documents.
- Software systems and packages including Aconex, Oracle Unifer, P6, Bluebeam, CAD, and otherconstruction packages.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and otherreporting systems (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) preferred.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible.
- Open-minded, collaborative, and team oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic.