The Project Control Office (PCO) provides independent oversight, and project management support to the client in project administration, release planning, release management, change management, issue management, risk management, project scheduling and tracking, ticket assessment and tracking, performance metrics, and participation in project strategy.
The PCO Team provides services in the following general categories/roles:
- PCO Manager PCO
- Release Manager
- PCO Project Scheduler
- Work Flow Coordinator
Following are descriptions of the service categories/roles listed above and required skills for each position.
The client Project Director, Project Control Office (PCO) Manager, and the Application Development Project Manager are jointly responsible for project management activities that meet the technology business objectives of the client organizationUnder the leadership of the PCO Manager, the PCO Team provides assistance to the client in the form of independent oversight, monitoring, and reporting on activities and metrics critical for on-time delivery of quality technology services that meet the needs of OCS.The PCO Manager provides leadership and oversight for the PCO and Technical Control Group (TCG) Teams.
- Ensure consistency with the client’s Project Management Methodology.
- Participate in project strategy and perform long term release planning with the project leadership team.
- Manage the enterprise view and interdependencies among projects to achieve business objectives.
- Manage Issues utilizing the Issue Management Process, and escalate issues as required.
- Provide leadership in documenting and tracking Risks utilizing the Risk Management Process.
- Provide leadership to the Change Management Process, and facilitate Change Management Meetings.
- Facilitate communication across the team to remove roadblocks to success.
- Prepare project meeting agendas, facilitate meetings and create meeting minutes for Release Planning, Leadership, Maintenance & Change Control, and various other meetings.
- Provide leadership in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Establish the strategy for monitoring the performance of the project team, including the Application Development vendor.
- Perform quality assurance activities on the PCO related process areas.
Education and ExperienceRequired:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience in managing a Project Control Office.
- Five years of experience managing very large complex system development projects, or very large technical organizations
- Five years of experience with one or more structured development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and experience implementing CMMI Level 3.
- Experience in defining, implementing, and analyzing metrics relevant to project management.
Requisition ID 1648927