Reporting to the Worldwide Director, Program Management and Contracts - Esterline Advanced Displays, the Project Control Lead (PCO Lead) provides support to the Program Manager, Project Engineer, Manager, colleagues and leads to ensure they maintain their project objectives.
- Liaison with Engineering Managers, Project Engineers and Program Managers.
- Provide coaching, education and support to Project Managers, Project Engineers.
- Proposes and adapts project management processes to customer needs in line with best practices. Revises and develops standards, templates etc., where applicable.
- Technical and quality reviews of documents (plans, schedules) submitted by Program Managers/Project engineers (schedule, status reports, etc.).
- Communicate, explain and assist in effective deployment of processes.
- Facilitation of Project Reviews.
- Senior management reporting and analysis.
- Organization and documentation of meetings, including as required with external customers.
- Provides on going support to project team as well as recommendations to ensure that the project technical, financial and delivery dates are being met.
- Supports organizational resource management process.
- Manages the project plan (update Primavera, RACI, WBS, work-plans, etc.).
- Project status reporting (participates and in occasion chair team status meetings, draft status reports, etc.).
- Project administration (Issues/action items log, manage change requests, agenda preparation and minutes, etc.).
- Supports work authorization & delivery management activities.
- Other duties as required by the Project Manager to ensure the success of the project.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering, Administration, Operation Management or another related field.
- Project Management training or equivalent, PMP certification or MBA is an asset.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the aerospace industry is an asset.
- Planning and organization skills to work on a complex and/or multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Expertise in project controls & project management processes.
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Primavera, MS Project and project portfolio management systems.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective team skills to work collaboratively toward business unit goals.
- Financial analysis.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- French/English bilingualism.