General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Control Analyst to work within our Energy group in Poway, Ca. This positon, under limited supervision implements, develops and applies planning, tracking, and analysis procedures for reporting on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports on assigned contracts.
- Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and tracking of contract deliverables, plans and reports.
- Develops detailed integrated master schedule in close collaboration with the technical leads or project managers, using Microsoft Project.
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates at Completion.
- Develops and implements reporting processes to report project status and valuation of work in progress as well as tracking procedures for contract deliverables.
- Develops and implements Earned Value Methodologies, performs related variance analysis and works with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure uniform application of Earned Value processes and procedures.
- Mentors peers and technical staff on earned value management and schedule practices.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of contract deliverables.
- Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value reports/analysis.
- Provides input to cost and management volumes.
- Uses Microsoft excel to create pivot tables and pivot charts, and conduct data comparisons using v-lookups to ensure project data is accurate and complete.
- Serves as a liaison between technical staff and program management on evaluating project progress using Earned Value Techniques.
- May participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule, manpower, and cost estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with eight or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be an effective communicator with the ability to represent the Company on complex matters, as well as the ability to write, interpret and explain complex issues or technical information.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, easily able to create, use, and modify pivot tables and perform data comparisons using vlookups and/or macros.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft tools including Project, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Able to work extended hours and travel, as required.