General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Analyst to join our Engineering Services team located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports Engineering Services by developing estimates and proposals of future work for various technical and business tasks. This includes core Product Support, Sustainment, Safety/Reliability, Component Engineering, Design Services and Infrastructure, as well as Administration & Process discipline support. Estimates based on actuals, project/engineering source data, team lead inputs, and an understanding of the technical systems and customer required products.
- Tracks project due date and timelines based on customer need date for current and upcoming project deliverables, which may require independent interaction with management, customers, vendors or agencies.
- Track/report project progress, research technical/process issues, recommend mitigations based on technical knowledge of process, and monitor project trends.
- Reviews and tracks a variety of project data impacting customer data and deliverables.
- Coordinate and plan Engineering Services participation in customer meetings, to include development and/or coordination of meeting presentations, action items, and meeting minutes.
- Utilizes IT-based tracking tools such as Microsoft Access applications, Microsoft Excel template applications and other similar data sharing and process automation tools to complete project and data tracking tasks.
- May create or modify processes to enhance workflow.
- Provides data and information to assist management personnel with coordination of Engineering Services process management.
- Has contact with management and representatives of outside organizations.
- Performs writing tasks and document editing as assigned or required.
- Provide database administration, backup, archiving, and coordination support.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requested electronic and hard copy reports and presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with eight or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Demonstrated EVM (Earned Value Management) is desired.
- Must have a strong background analyzing multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- Requires an understanding of GAAP and FAR.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company independently on routine matters.
- Must be able to write, interpret and explain complex issues.
- Must be proficient with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management. Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.