Accountable for and manages the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of long-term project(s) typically spanning two years or more planning to implementation with relatively more complex scope and deliverables that may impact multiple business unit/function or business critical program. Project scope impacts one or more of the following: process, system, function, product and/or service. Project span across enterprise. Aligns with enterprise initiatives, multi-faceted and strategy.
- Monitor progress, produce project status reports, timelines, budget reports, project metrics.
- Plan projects, including the concept, design, planning, project scope, cost and benefits, testing, acceptance, implementation, and post-implementation review of project deliverables.
- Leads cross-functional teams comprised of various internal customers and vendor resources. Provide assistance and mentor staff on project management related issues.
- Lead complex development initiatives. Manage teams and ensure that project resources are utilized in an effective and efficient manner. Ensure project goals are met or exceeded via the facilitation and resolution of barriers prohibiting the progress on projects.
- Recommend and implement process changes to increase project execution performance. Review system and tools to ensure quality and efficient implementation of development and enhancement efforts.
- Monitor project risk and consult on mitigation plans.
- May provide supervision to others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for leading multiple projects related to improving provider data, provide creative and comprehensive solutions for systems and processes to meet unique data challenges.
- Manage complicated data requests, spearhead deep dive data analysis for provider data quality and work on enterprise and internal projects.
- Knowledge of Network Management, HMO business and Provider data is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Seven (7) or more years experience in related field
- Five (5) years project management experience in health plan operations or related field
- Project Management/ Project Management Certificate (PMP) preferred
- Leadership and/or analytical experience with data, systems, and operations
- Knowledge of program management preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with project management applications, templates, development tools, and analysis tools required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience planning and leading high risk and complex projects
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or managed care principles, computer systems, and claims databases
- Extensive experience with analysis including root cause identification and problem solving
- Knowledge of Michigan health care marketplace
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Access, Excel and Word)
- Demonstrated project management skills including the use of continuous quality improvement tools
- Demonstrated competency planning and conducting reports and completing research reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills