NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The successful candidate will provide supervision for preparation of design drawings, reports, and specifications for new construction, existing facilities expansion, and renovation projects. Projects will be of high complexity. Responsible for applying engineering fundamentals to designs of systems. Has demonstrated expertise in areas of acoustical engineering discipline expertise within the industry.
- Obtains design data from documents, occupant interviews, and field measurements.
- Communication with internal staff, clients, and other consultants/disciplines.
- Coordinates and oversees preparation of floor plans, site plans, and other drawings for complex structures.
- Compiles specifications and contract documents.
- Performs field review of existing facilities to determine and verify relevant services and site layout, and to coordinate construction with plans and specifications.
- Measure and predict acoustical parameters including noise levels, reverberation, impact noise transmission, environmental noise, and other parameters.
- Perform acoustical and vibration analysis and develop specific recommendations based on project and client requirements.
- Analyze and predict noise from MEP equipment and develop noise attenuation strategies.
- Analyze and predict room acoustics parameters and develop recommendations for achieving established criteria.
- Prepare coordination documentation, schedule of acoustic materials, and specifications.
- Review of building construction plans including architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, and interior design drawings.
- Perform project site visits to assess and report issues related to noise & vibration.
- Attend meetings locally, nationally and internationally for acoustical projects.
- Understands AutoCAD concepts.
- Conflict resolution with internal staff, clients, and other consultants/disciplines.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for discipline financial performance of project.
- Proven ability to perform the duties specified with prior project experience at an equivalent level of responsibility.
- A minimum of five (5) years consulting experience is required. More experience is a plus.
- Minimum BS degree in acoustical, mechanical, architectural engineering, physics, or related areas is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to design, coordinate and manage projects.
- Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings.
- Ability to applyengineering fundamentals to design of systems.
- Ability to oversee preparation of floor, site, and other discipline plans.
- Skill in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and project financial software.
- Ability to perform field review and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
- Ability to perform project design functions.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as outside temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or noises.
- Limited physical effort required related to site measurements and evaluations of conditions.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Reports directly to department director.