At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has an opportunity for a Project Civil Engineer to join the Engineering practice in our either of our Jacksonville, Gainesville or Tampa, Florida offices.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support multi-discipline designs including site development, water/wastewater facilities, constructed wetlands, conveyance projects, roads and highways, etc. This position will also include support to the team to complete planning/study documents, preliminary design, detailed design, permitting documents, and engineering reports.
- Working with project teams on civil engineering projects
- Perform a wide variety of routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Support conceptual and detailed designs for multi-discipline projects for civil infrastructure solar/water/wastewater/environmental/transportation and to support Environmental Resource Permitting
- Managing projects or project tasks and providing oversight of and technical direction for junior staff
- Performing civil engineering task such as:
- Site development and layout
- Stormwater and drainage
- Roadway and pavement alignment
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Site/facilities layout
- Utilities and conveyance piping
- Preparing project design packages including technical drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates
- Complete tasks assigned on time, within budget, and to high level of quality
- Preparing plans and specifications, engineering reports, engineer’s cost estimates, and quantity take-offs
- Preparing technical documents and reports
- Review construction submittals for conformance to contract and design documents
- Communicating with clients and developing scopes of work
- Developing plans for and conducting field assignments, such as inspections, investigations, and construction monitoring
- Preparing and implementing project health and safety plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent field of study
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain within six months of hire strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent field of study
- Strong engineering skills and ability to complete civil engineering calculations and analyses
- Skill and experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ICPR, HydroCAD, HY-8, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and RocScience software
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical skill and a positive attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and on teams
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable in remote settings, with a can-do attitude, and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands
- An active focus on health and safety for themselves and others
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click he