What You Will Do
Our Geotechnical, Dams, & Hydraulics Practice is currently seeking a Project Civil Engineer to join the Jacksonville, FL office.
As a Project Civil Engineer, you will assist in the completion of projects within a wide variety of business sectors, with a focus in water resources and dam / levee engineering. You will also assist in civil / site design, grading and drainage plans, water, wastewater, and stormwater utility design.
- Perform civil engineering calculations for various projects with respect to civil / site design; grading and drainage plans; and water, wastewater, and stormwater utility design.
- Develop erosion and sediment control plans and stormwater management plans, in compliance with local, state, and / or federal regulations and permit requirements. Meet with and respond to permitting agencies
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic engineering designs and models for dams, levees, and hydraulic structures.
- Use hydrologic and hydraulic programs (HEC-1, HEC-RAS, etc.), water / wastewater programs (WaterCAD and SewerCAD), and civil / site programs (Civil 3D and InRoads).
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and documentation, project correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications for design, permitting, and construction.
- Provide mentoring to junior civil engineers in the areas noted above.
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of various projects.
- Travel requirement: approximately 15-25%
- A valid drivers license is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- 5+ years of civil / site and hydrology / hydraulic design experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AutoCAD and / or MicroStation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong leadership ability and personal initiative.
- A valid driver's license is required
- Master's Degree
- Experience with projects related to dams and / or levees