Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Project/CAPEX Engineer
LOCATION: McFarland, CA 93250
SALARY $100-125K + Bonus
DEGREE: BS Required, MBA Preferred
EXPERIENCE: 5+ Years Capital Project Experience
RELOCATION: Relocation Assistance
- Degree from an accredited school
- More than 5 years' experience in the food, beverage or consumer goods manufacturing industry – no entry level.
- Strong technical background in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics. Need to be able to understand pump curves (pressure vs. flow) and heat transfer
- Experience with capital project execution including ability to design or specify components/systems.
- Must have AutoCAD skills and the ability to as build equipment/layouts
The Engineer plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work. The successful candidate will also be able to learn and understand the technologies and complexities of our manufacturing process. This position will help each site develop and prioritize the capital list and manage the list with a Capital master plan. project engineer will also monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and standards. Capital projects will be managed through the idea creation, installation, and ultimately the signing off from all stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with identifying, defining, and implementing Capital Expenditure Projects involving procurement and installation of process and packaging equipment as needed to support plant activities within the integrated supply chain addressing safety, ergonomics, and cost reduction.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Knowledge of processes, ergonomic packaging layout, manufacturing processes and testing/validation of recommended solutions.
- Work with manufacturing on layout challenges. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Support the budgeting process by identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Participating in meetings and assist in resolving engineering and management project issues.
- Solicit feedback from each site to improve packaging strategies as well as individually seeking out packaging improvement opportunities.
- Ensure effective communications and a thorough understanding of the supply chain and the impact of processing/packaging strategies on the business as a whole.
- Use process data to monitor plant equipment and efficiencies to learn where opportunities for improvement are.
- Research questionable data and work with each site to perform RCA.
- Be a continuous improvement leader across all sites and share best practices with those same sites.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in packaging design and layout of manufacturing equipment (food a plus).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Project management experience. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to track project costs and work within a budget.
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills; quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other needed computer programs.