At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Aecon Concessions activities include the development, financing, design, building, and operation of construction projects by way of public-private partnership contract structures, as well as by integrating the services of all project participants and harnessing the many strengths and capabilities of Aecon. The industry-leading Concessions segment focuses primarily on the development of domestic and international P3 projects, private finance solutions, investment and management services, operations and maintenance, and leading/actively participating in development teams.
We are looking for a Project Bid & Development Manager for a large light rail transit project in Quebec. The successful candidate will lead, coordinate and manage all aspects of an integrated project team in the delivery, negotiation and closing of complex P3 and private development projects. The Project Bid & Development Manager will be involved in the early stages of the bid and provide input to the negotiation and agreement of the constitution of the consortium. There is flexibility for this position to be based out of Toronto or Quebec.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of the RFQ/SOQ response for the project.
- Lead or assist overall Aecon bidding activities on P3 projects including internal Aecon workstream as well as consortium wide bid activities with a focus on the Developer/Project Co. commencing with teaming discussions, through shortlist procedures, on to RFP activities and up to Financial Close of the projects. Activities include:
- Preparation and coordination of RFQ and RFP submissions including active writing of certain sections of the submissions
- Lead and manage bid teams to ensure the production of competitive proposals that balance the client needs, legal, commercial and operational risk and offer the consortium the highest chance of success.
- Development of a Bid Management Plan and management of the bidding schedule including required reporting
- Management of client relationships at a day-today working level, developing an understanding of their needs and issues, and develop strategies as to how best to solve them for the project.
- Assist or lead negotiations of the Project Agreement and other key documents and all other bid related deliverables with the public sector and within the consortium members.
- Fully understand the risks on the Project and control the transfer of those risks, working with the team to deliver a commercially viable project.
- Lead or assist our co-sponsor/partners in the development of the financial model and/or key financial model assumptions at all stages of submission preparation.
- Critically review relevant RFQ/RFP sections; provide sign-off and accept overall responsibility and compliance with Client requirements.
- Build external relationships, representing company in matters relating to the development of the project.
- Interface with the DBJV, engineering consultants, Lenders Technical Advisors, Lenders, Rating Agencies, and other internal and external resources as directed and advised on matters related directly and indirectly to project development.
- Manage or assist our co-sponsor/partners with the management of the bid.
- Preparation of the necessary reports and documentation and manage bids through sign-off and approval by the Executive Team (or Steering Committees).
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in infrastructure, projects in the transportation, civil, rail, water wastewater, industrial or social infrastructure.
- Experience in large Private Public Partnership (PPP) project management and coordination at pre-tender and bid stage.
- Experience on the Developer or O&M activities of large P3s or private initiative projects
- Experienced in contract negotiations with owners, lenders, equity providers, O&M companies, and constructors in a P3 environment.
- Degree in either Engineering, Finance or Law
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong Technical, Legal, Financial and Risk Management Skills are required
- Excellent communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills a must.
- Ability to write well thought out management and financial proposals as well as be able to present with a marketing lens (from an end user perspective)
- Must be fluent in both English and French (speaking, reading and writing).