SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for several Project Architects to join our team. Our practices offer local, national and international projects of all sizes including opportunities to partner with other SmithGroupJJR offices. We are seeking talented individuals with experience delivering complex higher education, workplace, healthcare, and/or science and technology projects through all phases. The Project Architect will work closely with design architects, technical architects and the owner in development of documentation as well as construction administration follow through.
Working with us, you will:
- Manage one or more small to medium-sized projects and/or manage a portion of a large-sized project.
- Perform architectural drawings, renderings and design assignments.
- Produce and coordinate complete sets of construction documents for permitting and bidding for small projects.
- Lead coordination of consultants of all disciplines.
- Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
- Lead day-to-day construction administration activities.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of the work performed by junior staff.
- Establish and execute project work plan and staffing requirements.
- Develops trusted relationships with clients.
An ideal candidate has:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years of experience leading and working with all building phases.
- RA preferred. LEED AP preferred.
- Is technically competent and has proven growth in schematic design through construction administration.
- Is detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Is proficient with technical detailing.
- Possesses working knowledge of engineering systems; the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Is knowledgeable of the design and construction process, applicable building codes, detailing methods, and product specification methods.
- Has a demonstrated ability to communicate with clients, and build client relationships and trust.
- Is proficient with Building Information Modeling and 3D Skills; Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.