Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan and review the work of multiple teams. This includes mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Use the building code to develop architectural plans by providing unique interpretations and fine points of departure that advance the practice of architecture.
- Support the project by interacting/ negotiating with jurisdictions that advance the practice of architecture through persuasive techniques to obtain building permits.
- Interact with the client to achieve project goals. Proactively initiate potential solutions that advance the practice of architecture and SERA's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Understand and adhere to the project's contract requirements. Provide attention to detail at areas of higher risk or deemed critical for the success of the project.
- Provide strong leadership for the project assigned. Demonstrate firm wide leadership by helping other project architects and teams.
- Communicate project deadlines, phase completion, staffing needs and changes with project manager in a timely manner. This includes morale of the team, client perception, and the ability to forecast short term project needs.
- Be a recognized expert and essential resource to other SERA staff.
- Develop, articulate, define and execute the project scope for a wide variety of projects.
- Perform QA/QC.
- Ability to lead, organize and execute marketing and business development opportunities.
- May perform project management duties such as project work plan and schedule development for entire medium to large projects that are highly complex.
- May assist with and support the project manager, principal in charge and contracts/ legal/ risk/ accounting departments in negotiating and executing project contracts. This would include the prime agreement with the client and any sub consultant contracts.
- Understand trends in the A/E/C industry and how they apply to SERA culture, practices and processes.
- Participate in the interview process for hiring new staff.
- Participate/ lead in the management review of subordinate staff.
- Provide constructive feedback to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Engagement in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- The ability and desire to take leadership roles in the office for a variety of assignments, either temporary or permanent.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Licensed architect is required. Generally have 12+ years of experience.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite required.
- LEED AP Preferred.