At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise pans disciplines – from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Gensler Toronto is seeking a Senior Project Architect to lead a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled architectural projects. Leverage your industry experience and technical acumen to drive client projects from concept through build.
- Manage client, large project teams, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants.
- Oversee technical aspects of projects to be sure they are in concert with project scope, design, budget, client goals and core requirements.
- Works closely with the project teams leadership including Design Director and Design Manager
- Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
- Maintain project manual and specifications
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 10 + years of project experience in an architectural practice
- Licensed or registered architect
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUP, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office an asset not required
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- LEED accreditation asset not required
- Experience in mixed use projects, tall buildings, adaptive reuse or retailpreferred
- French speaking considered an asset