We are seeking passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Project Architects to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional design and technical abilities.
- Apply technical knowledge and proficiency in the development of architectural solutions to maintain and preserve design goals for each project.
- Research code requirements and ensure feasibility of design.
- Responsible for following and possibly managing project budget, work plans, consultants and schedule. Communicates with Project Manager regarding key deliverable dates and conformance to workplan.
- Provide office leadership including professional development, coaching and mentoring of younger staff.
- Meet client specifications, create and propose budget and time estimations.
- Maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team (i.e. Project Designer, Project Manager, and Principal in Charge).
- Act as an intermediary between the client and the architect team.
- Develop design ideas, diagrams, digital models, presentation materials and production work for numerous project types.
- Coordinating technical drawings with consultants.
- Develop solutions to detailed technical problems.
- Foster on-going communication through team meetings, minutes, and up-date memos to project team including consultants.
- Ensure project documentation and contracts follow the standards set forth by Populous policy.
- Construction administration including processing of submittals, RFI's, and other project documentation during construction.
- Coordinating team effort to complete a project promptly and successfully.
- Ensure the team is working effectively and keeping to schedule and budget.
- Quality assurance including review of work, communicating needs and concerns to project staff.
- Define staff requirements for projects as needed or directed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficiency and working knowledge of the following design software and applications: Revit, Newforma and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong relationship-building and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of design, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets a must.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (required) in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program, Masters Degree in Architecture (preferred).
- 10-20 years of experience in architectural practice with prior experience in all phases of architectural projects.
- Registered Architect with a current license. NCARB registration preferred.
- Project design experience with sport stadia, arenas, performance venues, convention centers, hospitality, and aviation a strong plus.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.