Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson's disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Project Architect. This role will play a key role on the "where to play" and "how to win" decisions for patient populations, product modalities and will partner with teams (marketing, clinical, R&D, etc.) on strategy execution for Digital Health projects. This is a great opportunity to work in a small team to guide the next wave of innovation at Abbott Neuromodulation and shape the global landscape of Chronic Pain and Movement Disorders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive key strategic analysis and decisions that guide innovation within Abbott Neuromodulation's strategic focus areas
- Partner with cross-functional teams (marketing, clinical, R&D, etc.) on strategy development and execution
- In partnership with marketing, drive a deep understanding of the unmet stakeholder need, competitive landscapes, & industry trends
- Partner with technical experts to build novel solutions that augment or change standard of care by solving unmet needs
- Synthesize findings and recommendation in a coherent and thoughtful manner and present them to senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Guide the vision of future NPD projects through early technical feasibility, risk mitigation, and early business case development
- Generate implications to move the needle and influence the business towards a recommendation
- Develop analytical frameworks and construct business cases to support the overall recommendation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Biomedical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 9+ years of product development related work experience.
- Experience in medical device, biopharma, consulting, investment banking, or venture capital required.
- MBA/ PhD/MD or other Advanced Degree.
- 2+ years of experience in medical device industry, life sciences consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or equity research experience in a top-tier firm
- 3+ years experience in a early stage R&D, upstream marketing, or business development role at a biopharma, medical device, or diagnostics company
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities