Smith LaRock Architecture, headquartered in Denver, Colorado specializes in the design of 24/7 Command + Control Operations facilities. Our expertise lies in applying blast resistance, human factors, and situational awareness to optimize safety, vigilance, and Operator performance in our building designs. We've been working with Fortune 500 Energy Companies since 2002 delivering design creativity while focusing on the integration of human factors with architecture. We are an agile firm offering great opportunity to motivated professionals to become part of our future with ownership opportunities!
We are growing and are ready to add another Architect to our team designing our niche-based projects. You appreciate the technical side of architecture and have experience in all phases of design. Your ability to keep your design plan on schedule and budget using your project management skills while achieving quality at each milestone is what we are after. If you are looking for a new opportunity to grow professionally, mentor young design minds, and contribute to some truly remarkable work, let's talk!
How you'll spend your days:
- Developing and presenting project deliverables to our clients
- Actively facilitating programming workshops to collect, process, and develop conceptual designs and preliminary plans
- Working with the project design team to develop project construction documents while following internal budgets that help ensure profitability goals are met.
- Participating and managing the development of preliminary plans -SD through DD and CD phases using REVIT
- Taking your projects from cradle to grave with the Principal's assistance when needed. We want YOU to become that professional whose skillset is broad and deep.
- Managing communication with all stakeholders - ensuring projects are meeting goals, staying on schedule and on budget
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members so they will be equipped to run projects in the future as well as jumping in to help other teams when they get buried assisting other teams if/when needed
What you'll need to be successful:
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture – extra points for an advanced degree or Professional Registration.
- About 10 years of experience in commercial or industrialarchitecture with exposure to the entire design lifecycle
- At least a year of project management experience on large commercial projects - more extra points
- Ninja level competency using REVIT and Bluebeam; we also use Enscape, Oculus Rift VR goggles, Sketchup and Formit, so these programs help enhance your toolset
- Comprehensive understanding of building codes, building science, and experience writing specifications
- Building strong relationships with your team and your customers is one of your foundational values
- A passion for the technical side of architecture; we design airtight, watertight and blast-resistant buildings for environments that need elevated safety for their personnel– beauty is in the eye of the beholder with us!
- A keen desire to help build a small firm with an outstanding reputation: make yourself valuable, then make yourself INvaluable!
What you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and full suite of benefits
- Open spacious work environment and free parking- no downtown commute!
- The opportunity to stretch yourself professionally