At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
The Boston office is looking for an experienced Project Architect to join our team. In this position, you will have project responsibilities that include client satisfaction, quality control, and team leadership.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, civil and other consultants
- Works with the team in developing site and building design alternatives
- Innovative thinking, balanced with ability to present real-world technical solutions to new design challenges
- Work with the technical director to lead the technical team and consultants to ensure that construction documents accurately interpret the intended design.
- Review and determine scopes of work from consultants
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with the team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Create and maintain the project manual and specifications with in-house specifications team
- Licensed Architect (U.S.)
- 10+ years of related experience
- Extensive Revit experiencerequired
- Excellent working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Desire to develop junior staff
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Architecture
- LEED accreditation and experiencepreferred