ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We are a premier east coast construction firm passionate about our clients’ success. Since 1972 we have worked in close collaboration with clients to create facilities that support their organizational goals. We provide a robust set of integrated tools that includes construction management, planning, preconstruction, and design. From offices in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Florida, we are experts in the Education, Senior Living, Healthcare, Corporate/Industrial, and Hospitality and Tourism markets.
Our people are known for intense teamwork that results in innovative, value-added facility solutions that benefit our clients’ operations and profitability. Services are delivered in a wide variety of formats including construction management at risk, design build – using both in house and third- party design, and as a general contractor. Quality, safety, budget and schedule are the measures of success.
- Participate in and contribute to a team approach to project development that ensures orderly phase-to-phase transitions.
- Maintain a working relationship between the design and construction team members.
- Effectively work on multiple concurrent projects and/or special assignments.
- Plan, organize and supervise work of design staff.
- Adhere to project labor budget and schedules established with the Design Project Manager.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop creative directions and project concepts (either independently or as part of a group).
- Attend all project meetings with clients (and other team members) to ensure continuity throughout the project.
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
- Deliver quality design and construction documents which delineate a scope of work based on established project goals and expectations.
- Assist Design Project Manager with coordination and scheduling of team members
- Coordinate the efforts of outside design professionals (structural, MEP, etc.) and participate in production quality control efforts.
- Coordinate the review and processing of shop drawings and project submittals.
- Visit project sites periodically, attend project meetings, observe construction progress, verify conformance with construction documents, and prepare appropriate field reports.
- Keep all project team members fully informed as to the status and progress of job activities, solve immediate problems as required and in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Demonstrate mature judgment in anticipating and solving unexpected and complex architectural issues.
- Coordinate efforts to develop and complete project punch list and review of completed work.
- Coordinate efforts to develop and complete project closeout procedures.
- Participate in specific project proposal efforts.
- Assist Design Project Manager with completion of proposal production assignments.
- Participate in establishing goals and objectives for projects; and develop strategies for achieving them.
- Participate in expanding the capabilities and enhancing the quality of design and construction services offered by Cutler Associates.
- Develop project program with Design Project Manager.
- Assist Design Project Manager with project specifications.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of:
- Code review and analysis
- Project Scheduling
- Take advantage of training opportunities offered and independently seek out training to advance skill levels.
- Be instrumental in achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and project success.
- Provide training and mentorship to junior design staff.
- Set and maintain a positive and open tone for project communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and skilled in commercial or institutional construction documentation.
- Architectural degree, 7 – 10 years architectural experience
- Architectural registration
- Proficient user of project design and management tools:
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office
FLSA: NON- EXEMPT