The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Position SummaryReporting to the Senior Project Architect, Project Manager, or Architecture Discipline Principal, this role will work closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of a retail program and its facilities.
- The candidate will plan, program, design, coordinate, and ultimately serve in point of contact role during construction phase on multiple simultaneous projects with partnered general contractors on long running and expanding retail program.
- Coordinates with Planning/Zoning, Building, and Fire AHJs as required to facilitate permitting in partnership with general contractors.
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and constructability issues.
- Conducts frequent on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed Design Documents, ADA issues and contractor inquires.
- Assists in preparing project budget estimates and design schedules.
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost.
- May direct, supervise and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the detailed Construction Document Phase of a project.
- Retail Program requires strong working knowledge of ADA issues and barrier removal in commercial facilities.
- Retail Program Management requires effective communication skills in both client and contractor arenas, and ability to work closely with partnered contractors.
- Program position will be supported with extensive training and offers an excellent long-term career development opportunity working with a large multi-discipline design team for a rapidly growing client.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in Building Design, Construction Administration and/or Facilities Program Management.
- Architectural license preferred, or Architectural exam qualified and actively pursuing exam completion and registration. NCARB Certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is preferred. Program utilizes Microstation, and CAD use will be fundamental to the position – training provided.
- Passion to trouble shoot ‘in the field’ conflicts.
- Ability to address Addendums, RFI’s, Change Orders and Shop Drawings on tight schedules.
- Travel is required.
- Salary commensurate with experience.