Ensure project compliance with award terms, deliverables, and reporting for a portion of the project portfolio:
- Support the MQSUN+ Senior Finance Manager to prepare financial reports to the donor and provide inputs to narrative reporting.
- Participate in the development of financial and administrative reporting systems and tools for monitoring the progress of the projects over time.
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager to identify and address project financial and administrative issues, in collaboration with the relevant responsible MQSUN+ program staff.
- Maintain strong working relationships with relevant PATH Support Services (procurement, legal, grants and contracts, accounting, donor reporting) counterparts as guided by the Senior Finance Manager.
Financial administration of assigned projects:
- Support the Senior Finance Manager to develop, track, and monitor project budgets, aligning with PATH budgeting tools.
- Advise project team on long range budget/planning issues.
- Review monthly expense reports, research questionable charges and rectify as needed and ensure the Senior Finance Manager and RPM are informed of progress and any risks identified.
- Maintain strong working relationships with contract/finance personnel at funding agency and partner organizations.
- As indicated, approve project expenses and ensure all expenses are in line with PATH and donor policies.
- Maintain budget information in PATH financial and other information systems.
Develop, track, and monitor contractual agreements, including consultant agreements, subagreements, subcontracts, and work orders as assigned by the Senior Financial Manager:
- Draft, facilitate, administer, and oversee subawards with project partners, including contractor justifications, review and formatting of partner budgets, development of payment schedules, and facilitating communication among PATH and partners.
- Negotiate and issue consulting agreements, work orders, and purchase orders and monitor completion of deliverables.
- Assure overall subaward compliance and communicate with partners regarding budgets, conditions, and deliverables.
- Process payments to partners, consultants, vendors, and other service providers.
- Work with Office of Grants and Contracts to draft and implement subawards, including subagreements, subcontracts, consulting agreements, and work orders.
- Assist with overall coordination of communication among project, legal, and partner staff for complex agreements and contracts.
Business development for the MNCHN Program as assigned:
- Develop proposal budgets and narrative based on donor requirements.
- Negotiate and issue consulting agreements or work orders to proposal consultants as well as process consultant payments.
- Negotiate cost inputs from potential project partners.
- Liaise with the business development (BD) department and proposal lead.
- Work closely with RPMs and relevant BD team members to support effective and efficient proposal development processes.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration; advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of five years' experience in financial, administrative, and program management functions.
- The candidate must also have experience developing and administering contractual mechanisms such as sub agreements, subcontracts, teaming agreements, etc. Experience managing the contractual and financial obligations for donor funded projects;USAID and/or DFID experience highly desirable.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer contractual agreements, teaming agreements, and/or sub-awards.
- Skill in accounting, budget development, financial tracking and analysis, and contract administration.
- Sound writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment with program and technical staff and build relationships with diverse partners, collaborators, and field staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to support five or more different projects and work with five or more different teams at a time.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with good follow-through and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and proactively problem solve.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Access, Word and Salesforce preferred.