Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Project Administrator ?for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: Project Administrator
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The role of the Project Administrator is to schedule, coordinate, and organize IT related projects and logistics and to assist the Project Manager in completion of all project goals.
- Coordinate project activities, such as: Planning, Requirements Gathering, Design & Development, System Integration & Testing, and Production & Deployment.
- Ensure project tasks are completed as scheduled and reports results to business users and managers.
- Develop project plans to determine timelines, milestones, and procedures for accomplishing requirements, develops scheduled project deliverables and required tasks, coordinates resources, and reports on status of projects and change requests to IT management.
- Requires knowledge of MS Project, project planning document templates, test script templates, Visio, MS Office, and Outlook.
- The Project Coordinator provides program & project support by updating project plans, reconciling budgets, coordinating deliverables, and ensuring project artifacts are gathered and stored.
- The Project Coordinator collaborates, negotiates and works within a matrixed organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provides project management support to ensure overall success of initiatives by updating project implementation plans including project business benefit, scope, objectives, schedule, deliverables, budget and success criteria that support business goals in collaboration with management and project sponsors
- Supports project team members and contractors and encourages them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work
- Assists with requests for additional staff and/or contractors to complete technology projects
- Coordinates project related activities for cross functional team(s)
- Determines content of status reports from the project team, troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports.
- Maintains relationships across Client, customers and vendors to develop an understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives
- Participates in project post-mortem assessments and suggests improvements in process or procedure
- Manages issues and proactively escalate critical issues for immediate resolution
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Information Technology or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Two to four (4) years of experience providing coordination and support to an office or on projects. Knowledge of IT methodologies and tools
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills and a proven track record communicating at all levels within IT and the business delivering quality customer service
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall project management processes
- Public Sector experiencepreferred
- Problem solving with ability to look at issues from multiple angles and able to address solutions at both conceptual and detail level
- Quality and customer service orientation
- Effective collaboration, negotiation, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-directed and results oriented
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Decision making, and issues management and resolution skills
- Ability to work against deadlines