At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Regional Finance Manager
Mid-level accounting role capable of fulfilling the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple multi-family renovation projects, including day-to day interface with Construction Managers, Director of Finance, Client and Contractor/Vendor personnel. Supervising the Project Accountants and training, coaching, evaluating and auditing PA jobs and files.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in all Project Accountant training, coaching and training development
- Provide support and continuing education for Project Accountants
- Evaluate and audit Project Accountant jobs and files; providing training and coaching when necessary
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure cohesive efforts
- Prepare reports and maintain records/files related to project accounting responsibilities
- Manage and maintain vendor/contractor set up requirements, contracts and change orders
- Set up and maintain standard project files: general correspondence/filing, contractor/ purchase order agreements, vendor files
- Perform weekly job cost review and report to Construction Managers & Director of Finance
- Prepare owner billings and coordinate receipt of owner funds and release of contractor/vendor payments
- Assist in month-end close process, including account on timely basis
- Reconcile working capital accounts, accounts payable, and accounts receivable at month end
- Respond to all project-related inquiries (internal and external) relating to Collections, A/R, and A/P
- Monitor financial performance relative to the project budgets
- Process project invoices including reviewing, coding to proper cost code, entry into the financial system, and initiating payment
- Track executed contracts, insurance, bonds, pre-liens, lien releases, and joint checks
Skills and Abilities:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Prioritize, multi-task, and work efficiently, independently and equally comfortable working as a team
- Excellent communicator with the ability to actively manage change
- Take direction, execute tasks, and initiate action when needed
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and results-oriented
- Excellent computer skills; inclination to adopt technology to maximize efficiency
- Strong Knowledge of GAAP
- 6+ years' Project Accountant experience in the construction industry including AIA draw funding.
- 10+ years' experience supervising other accountants
- Proficient in database software, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Enterprise
- Availability to work after regular hours if necessary to meet deadlines
- Business or accounting degree preferred