Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Serve as the financial business partner to project stakeholders by participating in regular project review and forecast development meetings, developing documentation for applicable leadership and committee approvals and communicating and coordinating with customers, project stakeholders, and departments to collectively resolve issues related to the capital projects planning and administration process as they arise. Assist in the preparation of budgets, GEMs and asset portfolios.
- Prepares capital expenditure requests, compiles supporting documents, and obtains appropriate level approvals for payment of all asset acquisitions and records fixed asset additions in the accounting subsystems.
- Prepares financial materials for project review meetings and other financial project reports and performance metrics to assist leadership with managing project costs and establishing future revenue planning and other forecasting models for future capital projects.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Work closely with the other departments in tracking projects in comparison to their budgeted projections.
- Provides external auditors with financial process documents, balance sheet account reconciliations, and supplemental financialschedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audits. Addresses audit comments to ensure the management action corrects the root cause of the accounting deficiency noted in the audit and prevents repeat occurrences.
- Works with leadership team to provide recommendations and implementation of organizational and operational efficiencies related to the administration of capital project activities and as well as ensuring standardization of procedures and processes geared to proposing, controlling, and coordinating capital project administration.
- Performs other finance and accounting related duties as assigned.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and SAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills