Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Project Accountant or Project Analyst to support our staff in Raleigh, NC. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse team that is currently working on a wide range of exciting engineering projects.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for helping our Project Managers with proposal preparation, and will help during projects in the planning, execution and close out phases. They will also help with other general administrative duties as needed.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare fee proposal templates and coordinate with disciplines to obtain fee input.
- Assist with review and development of resumes.
- Organize documents
Project set up:
- Prepare and distribute Project Execution Plans.
- Prepare and/or coordinate contractual documents for signatures.
- Develop work breakdown structure and budgets using input from fee proposals and enter data into accounting system.
- Prepare electronic project folders.
- Follow up to ensure timely receipt of contractual documents.
Project life cycle duties:
- Format and produce electronic or hard copy deliverables.
- Prepare transmittal letters or email documents to clients.
- Maintain PDFs (Photocopy, scan, file, extracting and inserting).
- Revise budgets based on change orders, amendments, budget reallocations, etc. using internal accounting system.
- Create, format or update tables, graphs, and spreadsheets.
- Revise Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Review pre-bills with each Project Manager.
- Monitor Supplier invoices & prepare for processing.
- Review A/R reports and assist with collection efforts for outstanding amounts
- Research negative variances on projects.
- Coordinate with administrative support staff for assistance with duties
- Assist Project Managers with compliance with corporate Project Management and Quality Guidelines
- Attend various project meetings and prepare minutes.
Project close out:
- Review contractual obligations/scope of work & deliverables with Project Managers.
- Purge and archive records
- Meet with PMs and prepare Supplier Evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
- Associates Degree in related field acceptable if accompanied with additional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Project Manager’s Assistant or related position required.
- Experienceworking within an Engineering, Architectural, or Construction Management firm preferred.
- Must be proficient with the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with particular emphasis on complex Excel spreadsheet capabilities.
- Use of MS Project Scheduling software desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have time management skills for deadline-driven functions and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.