The Project Accountant is responsible for overseeing all accounting features relating to construction projects. This position will be accountable for ensuring project billings are done monthly, payment is collected, and monitoring the timely processing and recording of change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services related to billing. This role will be located at our Intel project site in Chandler, AZ.
- Management of unit price contracts
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate client billing
- Liaise with Project Manager and other operations team members to confirm the job cost report reflects accurate WIP
- Review project job cost reports, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, as directed by the Project or Operations manager.
- Accounts receivable reconciliation and collection
- Review, monitor, and analyze equipment utilization and billing
- Monitor committed costs and ensure vendor invoices are reflected in job cost in a timely manner
- Prepare special project analysis for the Project Managers and others
- Project Purchase order tracking and review
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- Must have professional experience working with accounting functions in a construction environment (5+ years)
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Strong data entry, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal capabilities