Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler Toronto is looking for a Project Accountant to help support the office as we continue to grow. The Project Accountant is responsible for monthly project invoicing and preparation of reimbursable invoice back-up, accounts receivable follow up and weekly processing of consultant accounts payable.
This role requires close coordination with Studio Directors and Project Managers to ensure invoices are prepared timely, accurately and within Firm policies and procedures and that the accounts receivables are collected promptly.
What You Will Do
- Distribute rough drafts and coversheets to Project Managers
- Review project fees, Consultant invoices & billings for accuracy
- Ensure consistency with Firm policies and procedures
- Prepare and report on monthly project analysis
- Coordinate approved final invoices and coversheets, copy and submit to client
- Prepare monthly reimbursable back-up for Consultant invoices
- Accurately code and enter approved Consultant invoices in Deltek (Vision) software
- Work closely with Project Managers to review and track Consultant fees on projects
- Scan approved Consultant invoices and save them within internal file system
- Back-up Regular AP & Expense Report Processing when required
- Work with Project Managers to keep A/R current – Report weekly to regional office
- Download and print monthly statements as required
- Download and prepare A/R reports as requested
- Call clients or A/P departments as requested
- Keep record of over/under payments for follow-up
- Review and approve new project numbers according to contracts or purchase orders, work authorizations
- Update billing records within Deltek (Vision) software
- Submit closed-out project numbers monthly
- Miscellaneous project reporting as requested
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Highly organized, detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Pro-active and able to work effectively alone and in a team environment
- Able to work well under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient in data entry with strong excel skills
- Well written with excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to respond to vendors, consultants and staff in a timely and professional manner
- Experience with Deltek (Vision) software preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.