DPR Construction is seeking a project accountant with at least 8 years of commercial construction accounting experience. This individual will be on our project site in Bakersfield, CA.be ultimately responsible for day-to-day accounting of project financials. Senior project accountants will work closely with all members of the project team - project managers, engineers, superintendents and field office coordinators. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Project accounting including preparing owner draws, collection and subcontractor compliance.
- Journal entries and job costs for projects.
- Assist with project audits.
- We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Thorough understanding of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP).
- Experienced in AIA billings.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar).
- 8+ years of experience as an accountant within the construction industry.
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
- Must be willing to work on our job site for the duration of the project (3 years) in Bakersfield, CA.
- This job is salaried.