Covenant HealthCare - Saginaw, MI
Full Time Benefited Position
The function of the progressive Care Registered Nurse (RN) includes leadership, route and comments to care team participants, assessment, collaboration and coordination regarding plan of care, affected person and family schooling, ache control, affected person safety, and planning for affected person discharge.
This function will help the affected person to transport appropriately and effectively thru their sanatorium live.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates outstanding customer service overall performance in that his/her mind-set and movements are at all times consistent with the requirements contained in the vision, project and Values of Covenant HealthCare and the commitment to brilliant care for every technology.
- Contributes to organization success targets for net operating margin.
- Participates in cost containment efforts through efficient use of supplies, services and time management.
- Adheres to unit/department budgetary practices.
- Supports the organizations patient flow efforts through compliance to unit and Patient Services policies.
- Remains flexible in cooperation with 24-hour staffing patterns and scheduling needs for provision of care in all inpatient units.
- Communicates with patients and families in a professional, therapeutic, and courteous manner.
- Has clinical and social contact with patients, including all age groups, and is able to appropriately assess, care for and treat them according to the guidelines as defined by Covenant HealthCare.
- Performs assessment and synthesizes data collected by self and others in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on the patient’s physiologic, psychologic, and cognitive status.
- Formulates and coordinates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnoses and identified patient care concerns.
- Delegates, supervises and implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner by utilization of and adherence to standards which define the process.
- Collaborates effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes, assess readiness for discharge and anticipate discharge needs.
- Identifies patient learning needs and their ability to follow through, including discharge instructions, while implementing appropriate measures to meet these needs.
- Exhibits nursing judgement and critical thinking abilities within the framework of the nursing process.
- Administers medications as outlined by Patient Service guidelines and policies.
- Documents all patient care observations and interventions in the electronic record accurately, clearly, in a timely manner following all established policies.
- Actively participates in quality management. Updates and maintains knowledge, skills and competencies related to area of practice and ages of patient population.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and unit function. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality, and actively supports risk management activities.
- Participates in patient care and unit activities to achieve compliance with all regulatory, patient safety, infection control, and safety requirements.
- Participates in unit meetings and activities which support unit function and the overall goals of the organization. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Michigan.
- BLS certification required.
- Attends unit conferences, in-service programs and continuing education activities to meet the organization’s expectations.
- Minimum of one year of acute care nursing experiencepreferred.
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with the public and able to be tactful in often hectic and stressful situations.
- Clinical nursing skills.
- Sound judgement in handling confidential or sensitive issues and material.
Job Type: Full-time
- Progressive Care Nursing: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- BLS certification
- Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Michigan