The Programs Director is responsible to manage a team of one or more program managers and master schedulers on a particular customer or customer group or division. The Director has the responsibility to ensure that all operational concerns are dealt with inclusive of demand and supply alignment, and should ensure that any customer escalations are held at his/her level. This job is the first Director level and will typically manage a customer account or division with less than $300 million annual revenue.
- Act as the primary interface between the customer and the company for managing specific programs to achieve planned objectives.
- Work with the site teams to establish the master production schedule and plan and monitor activities to ensure that product deliveries and quality meet requirements and that projects/programs are on schedule.
- Coordinate and host regular (as needed) program tracking meetings with the customer and internal account team members to ensure ongoing communication and up-to-date progress/status reporting occurs.
- Manage current and planned programs to achieve planned revenue. Monitor and adjust plans to meet commitments and schedules for customers. Coordinate action plans with the sites to correct out-of-plan conditions.
- Communicate frequently with customers to help ensure satisfaction with the company and the products. Solicit performance feedback and communicate information to internal teams and departments.
- Receive and resolve customer issues and complaints. Act as a customer advocate to drive prioritization of projects and responses to problems/issues.
- Lead forecasting and planning and monitoring of efficiency and execution of account strategies. Participate in the pricing/bid preparation process and contract development and management.
- Monitor the impact on inventory of order changes and establishes procedures and charges to the customers. Provide performance reporting and analysis for monthly Operations Reviews and quarterly Customer Performance Reviews.
- Analyze performance relative to targets. Develop and implement plans to address problem areas. Support account planning, strategy development and sales. Work with sales, business development, finance and customer to understand the customer's needs and develop proposals to meet those needs and achieve company objectives.
- Participate in contract negotiations and helps develop long-term agreements on processes, charges, etc. Play a key role in developing account sales strategies and in this capacity works directly with sales and marketing to implement with the customer.
- Provide leadership and direction to multiple departments on structuring processes, layouts, and resources. Lead tactical and long-term initiatives including process improvements, action plans, training and education and implement capital financing initiatives related to improving cash cycle.
- Maintain external contacts to understand best of breed processes to improve costs and logistics offerings. Implement structure to meet future customer and process requirements. Identify and implement cost reduction activities.
- Maintain operational involvement in day-to-day issues related to the warehouse, transportation, internal parts flow, security and controls, inventory management, direction on purchasing contracts and non-production activities, applications and process changes.
- Provide leadership role for broader SCM team including hiring, promotions, and HR practices. Participate in many cross-functional activities such as formal benchmarking studies; interface with external auditors, and driving actions/ improvement across the organization. Review ISO compliance and SCM business controls.
- Communicate with customers relating to, demand, commitments, non-performing inventory and future process changes /improvements. May have responsibility for working with other Celestica sites, SCM, business development, corporate finance and global account teams to drive inventory management results globally.
- Extensive knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of supply and demand management, distribution methods, and global transportation services and inventory management.
- Proven experience in Master Scheduling.
- In–depth knowledge of the production processes and the tools and equipment used, through extensive experience in World Class Manufacturing/Lean implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the business unit and how decisions impact customer satisfaction, product quality, inventory, on-time delivery and the financial performance of the unit.
- Ability to coordinate a wide variety of resources to meet production quality, operational, supply chain and financial targets using Celestica Project Management methodology where appropriate.
- Ability to contribute to strategic development of Celestica's relationship with customers.
- Excellent analytical, customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- In-depth knowledge of product pricing, contracts and contract negotiations. Thorough understanding of business risks and price make up (Value add and Materials).
- Proven ability to influence peers and senior level managers.
- Bachelors degree (Business or Operations Management preferred) or a consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with at least 3-5 years in a leadership role