TheWeb Application Systems Manager will provide leadership planning, scheduling and effective implementation for system initiatives in our eCommerce and Intranet environments. The Web Application Systems Manager leads a team ofdevelopers and works closely with the business community. This individual should have a solid technical background combined with the interpersonal and leadership skills to manage a team and work with a wide variety of individuals throughout the Springleaf Financial Services organization.
· Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration of eCommerce and intranet basedapplications from definition phase through implementation.
· Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Assigns or directly participates with business stakeholders to understand the vision and purpose of projects.
· Keeps management well informed of status on development efforts and serves as liaison between development staff and project stakeholders.
· Ensures technical teams are coding according to best practices and industry standards.
· Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
· Develops and adheres to the release management process.
· Maintains consistent application architecture. Performs code reviews and mentors junior developers.
· Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
· 5+ years experience developing, implementing and supporting eCommerce and intranet based information systems including JAVA/web-based applications
· Experience managing and developing a team of technology professionals
· Excellent prioritization and organization skills, especially the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Experience developing strategic plans to meet business objectives
· Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all staff levels in thecompany and with outside partners. Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
· Proven experience with JAVA, Struts 2 framework, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, mobile technologies and AGILE/Scrum desired.
Job Number: 17-2772