Programmer- Solon, OH 44139-Direct hire (Full time permanent position)
· Information Services Unit provides and supports all Global IT activities of the company, which includes over 50 sites in USA, Europe, and Asia; these activities are maintained centrally to ensure consistency and accuracy.
· Utilizes the latest superlative technology available for business intelligence that requires highly motivated and innovative IT personnel to develop and implement.
· This unit stresses service excellence, project management effectiveness, knowledge facilitation, and technology leadership and education.
· This position applies knowledge and experiencewithtechnology and application development methodologies to perform basic systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, file design and storage.
· Incumbent is expected to work independently and anticipate informational requirements, rather than react to management instructions or requests.
· This position requires a person with a track record of setting objectives and meeting requirements.
· This is populated by the Total Rewards Compensation Department.
· Essential Functions by % TIME
· Updating Data in the ERP System to support business Initiatives:40%
· Developing new or modifying existing ERP programs to support business needs:30%
· Project Work – System Upgrades, Acquisitions, Divestitures, Integrations etc.:30%
Required Practical/Technical Knowledge
· Demonstrated experiencewith Progress programing language
· Knowledgeable of: testing, debugging, and documentation standards; file design, storage, and internal systems; and has a basic understanding of operating systems.
· Preferred Practical/Technical Knowledge
· Demonstrated experiencewith QAD ERP
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
· Work Experience
· 3years Programming
· 2years Progress Database/Language
· 2years QAD ERP